Wow...
So I guess Grandpa Poll is in the hospital...at least that's what I've heard through other family member's blogs (Russ & Deb's and Mike & Linda's Blog .)
It's now noon on Thursday, and I wish I could say that us yoopers up here have at least received a phone call about this. As of right now, we haven't. If Grandpa went into the hospital on Tuesday night, why is it Thursday and I'm just now hearing about it through the internet? ...not exactly how I would chose to learn of such bad news...if I had a choice in the matter.
I can understand not being contacted if it's not something very serious, but ambulance? Possible pnemonia? Too weak to stand? I get the distinct impression that this is very serious.
So, thanks Russ, Deb, Mike, and Linda for blogging about this, otherwise I wonder if we would have even heard about it. I just wish it wasn't the way I would have heard about it.
Err, one last thing, while I was making this post Heather got online and just told me that she received an email from aunt Sherry, so thanks to Sherry as well.
Talk to everyone later...
-- Jason "...not too happy in the U.P...." Poll.
Thursday, January 13, 2005
Grandpa Poll
Posted by Jason Poll at 11:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the info Mike, Russ & Deb left us a note as well.
I was just a bit shocked to see photos on your blog as being my first indication that something was wrong.
Thank you Mike, Linda, Russ, Deb and Sherry for keeping us updated. We pray that Grandpa makes a speedy recovery and gets home ASAP.
To Mike and Linda, I can't help but notice that you've made a few comments and dropped a few hints about us not calling downstate to Grandma and Grandpa Poll. We don't have long distance service, it's too expensive for us at this point in time. We have to use a phone card, and to save money on that, we only call our parents on it when we can put minutes on it. Furthermore, we don't call my granparents on our card, or Grandma Gessner either. So Grandma Poll isn't being ignored,
However, I've been writeing Grandma Poll letters when I get time to sit and do so, I do that when I write letters to my own grandparents. It may not be as often as they would like, but it's better than nothing. On that note, if Grandma would like to speak with us more often, she is more than welcome to call us as much as she would like.
Most of our family members know that we are strapped to the bone for money. We try to save money anyway we can. Disconnecting our long distance was something we did when we moved into our new house to save $30+ a month.
The only time we call people other than our parents, is on a holiday, if there's an emergancy, or some big news needs to be spread (ie, when I got pregnant). In any of those events, we try to call as many people as possible. So I hope that all this satisfies everyone's curiosity to why we don't call downstate.
Jason & Heather,
Today 1/14/05 they will be transfering grandpa to Kent Community Hospital some time today. Sounds like he's doing well today. Don't know much more than that, but as soon as I know I'll pass it on
russ
Post a Comment