Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trying Vimeo

I'm trying vimeo.com as a video host. Below there should be a video of me giving a tour of our uncut-grass yard. If it asks you for a password, enter Noah's middle name, all in lowercase letters.


A Walk Around the Yard from Jason Poll on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason, that's awesome, for those of us who seem to manage to not come up forever. Thanks for the tour around the property. Seeing everything really makes me feel a bit "homesick" and wanting to come for a visit. I just love all the columbine that you're allowing to grow all over. They're such a nice wild flower you don't see down here very much. What kind of wine were you drinking? Is is one you made? The gardens out front, no doubt, are much more grown up now I bet. How has everything grown since you posted?
LOVE YOU and hugs and love to the family.
p.s. When you get the chance, send me you tux measurements. Thanks.

Jason Poll said...

You should see the yard now - it has since been mowed a couple times. The wild flowers still rule the side yard next to the garage, and the columbines are still doing their thing under the pine tree in the front.

The wine was some random 'affordable' glass-jug wine. It serves two purposes: It's cheap, and the jugs are great for holding dried legumes. The wine itself was nothing special at all...just 'drinkable'.

The gardens are...well...things have sprouted, but things aren't going much farther beyond that. I think it's a combination of things - first, that dirt ain't nothing special, so it's going to take a couple years of mixing in compost to get decent growth out of it, and second, I don't think we've seen 90F yet this summer! It's been a very cool summer and things just don't want to grow well when it's cool. I mean, I think the average high during the day so far this year is 70F, and the average nightly low is 50 to 60. Don't get me wrong, it's nice weather, I just don't like having to wear long pants in the summer. At all.

On the tux measurements: This week unless something comes up. We were going to go on Saturday, but the bridal shop is in Chassel, and it was Strawberry Festival this year. This is the first year that we haven't gone for the parade. We figured 'why?' We've gone to a few parades already this year, and we had to hide in the back row because Noah can't have the copious piles of candy and junk food they throw. Second, there's not much to do at the festival that we take part in, plus, it's not like we can eat the shortcake now. So, we stayed home, from the festival, and from fighting the crowds to get measurements taken.