Hello again everyone (all 3 of you.) Just thought I'd post some pano shots of Tannery Falls in Munising that I stitched together using Autostitch.
I encourage you to click through each image in order to use download the original-sized image. (Click the "Download" link above each photo.) The photos are really quite large and can be fun to explore at 100% size.
Near the trail head that leads back to Tannery Falls.
![]() |
| From Stitched Panographic Photos |
There's some really cool sandstone cliffs that you walk really close to. It was kind of disconcerting with how close to spring time it was.
![]() |
| From Stitched Panographic Photos |
Some of the trail heading back
![]() |
| From Stitched Panographic Photos |
Getting up-close-n-personal with the sandstone. The full-sized image has a ton of detail, check it out.
![]() |
| From Stitched Panographic Photos |
Almost back to the falls, looking across the valley to the other side. Pretty nifty, eh?
![]() |
| From Stitched Panographic Photos |
Almost there! Just around that corner, and over that bridge is the massive bowl Tannery Falls has carved out over the years. This is where I really started getting a little paranoid because of the overhanging sandstone.
![]() |
| From Stitched Panographic Photos |
And there it is, just over that massive mound found in the middle of the eroded bowl. The falls come down and flow to the right around the mound, and under the bridge. Strangely, in the stream off to the right (not in the picture,) there's a 6 to 12 inch pipe sticking out of the sandstone. No other stuff is around that makes sense of what it's there for. Very strange.
![]() |
| From Stitched Panographic Photos |
Here's a super-wide shot. I'm standing on top of the mound. Just to the right of this photo is the bridge where we came in, and I was trying to get enough photos to show that, but as I was getting the farthest-most right pictures, a few baseball-sized pieces of sandstone crumbled off the cliff and landed not 10 feet from me! I hollared to Heather and the kids: "OK! TIME TO GO! NOW!"
![]() |
| From Stitched Panographic Photos |








2 comments:
Great pictures, we will have to stop there the next time we come to see you.
Love to all,
Dad and Pat
WOW! Really great pano shots. Karl and I would love to see those falls one day. Hug everyone for us.
Post a Comment