Monday, December 14, 2009

2009 In Review

Ok…So spring spilled into summer, and summer into fall, and now into winter. I think it's time to post some pictures.

First, let's get the shock-n-awe out of they way. First, a couple pictures of the backyard in late November:

Cuteness : From Winter 2009/2010

The backyard in the fall : From Stitched Panographic Photos

Then around Thursday/Friday December 3rd/4th, we get this overnight:

From Winter 2009/2010

And it doesn't...

From Winter 2009/2010

...stop for over a week:

From Winter 2009/2010

Where in the heck did the coop go? It's now surrounded on two sides by bails of dead leaves, but still, you can barely see them!

But please, come see more photos from this fall and what we've had of winter so far this year. Click-through for the entire album:

Winter 2009/2010

...don't worry, we didn't forget, we posted a bunch of photos from the summer too:

Summer 2009

And if you wanna see some new pix from the chickens, those have been updated too:

Spring Chickens



Please feel free to comment here, or in the picture albums.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Great pictures! I've been hoping for an update. The kids are adorable, and there are some amazing pictures.

I am so thankful that we don't have that kind of snow! How the heck do you get anywhere?

Jason Poll said...

That's what snowmobiles are for!

Truth be told, the road commissions in our area spend a disproportionately large percentage of their budget on snow removal than they do by you.

I think another key factor is that we usually don't get a lot of wet snow. So while the numbers look big for any given storm (oh boy, another 15 inches of snow...) it's powdery snow. That 15" settles down into 5-8 inches over a couple days... Plus, we don't usually get a lot of ice-y conditions on the roads...usually. Trouble is, we just keep getting accumulations like that and they add up, and with no melting, it just keeps piling up.

Kellia said...

Awesome! Awesome pictures. Thank you so much for posting so many. I've been awful at posting because it just takes so long to load and upload pictures. Heather looks amazing - congrats to her. Arie is a beautiful cherub - looking more and more like Momma. Noah's looking more and more like you, too handsome dad.
Good luck with the snow, I hope it slows. Karl's jealous for how much you received all at once. We want to go snow shoeing - there's just not that much snow here. What is here is all compacted now.
Good luck with your chickens, too this winter. I hope you don't lose any.
Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year!
Karl and Kellia