![]() |
| Dark and Dangerous Alleys of Yooperland, TONIGHT AT 11 |
On the fourth of July, we set out about noon, and started heading north towards Copper Harbor with the intention of having dinner and watching fireworks at a friend/coworker's family-island, Duck Island. You can follow this link to a good satellite view of the location, with pushpins describing the location of the island and the location of the firework launch. (Sorry Google, I'd use Google Maps for that link, but the photography you have of our area is just crap...give the USGS a call -- get their imagery.)
I found a picture of Duck Island from the 'Pasty Cam', check it out. If you read the comments, one of the family members tells you about their grandfather purchasing the island back in 1950-ish. That's not my coworker, but one of the relatives.
Unfortunately, I was a putz, and as soon as we got to Copper Harbor I left the camera in the car and relaxed. I didn't take a single picture! I'm kinda ashamed as this year was supposidly the biggest fireworks display Copper Harbor has ever had. I guess they got a few large, anonymous, donations.
Sarcasm: I would like to take credit for that, right here and now. Thank you, your welcome, good night.
But anyway, the photos! There's not too many in the album, but hey, geocaching, hooray! The captions on the photos are the ID's of the caches -- search www.geocaching.com if you want to see the details.
Anyway...I have to get back to work. Lunch is definitely over.

3 comments:
Looks like you had fun snapping some photos. Nice self-shot. :-) What beach were you guys at with Noah? He surely seems to like the water.
Nice pics, like the one especially of the back lit dandelion puff and of course your self portariat. Noah looks to be having a great time in the surf. Where's the stone bridge? By the Cliffs area?
Thanks for posting. MOM
The beach is in Eagle River.
The bridge is found on Cliff Drive. Search geocaching.com for the caption to the picture -- GC12HE5 -- that's the cache.
Post a Comment