I finally got the trailer built up enough to safely carry the kayaks. Our first excursion was out to Rice Lake. Unfortunately, the wind picked up, and it was waaay too wavey to ride with Noah safely. I did get a good picture of this bird though. He was really close to me, and kept chirping and checking me out. This is probably the best shot.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Posted by Jason Poll at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's awesome! Mom and I tried to take a close picture of a Blue Jay when she was down for the Fourth - I got as close as possible and a little blip of blue showed up. :) We commented on how your camera wouldn't have a problem.
Jason...where did you take the pic of the bird? I have been looking at various sites, and I am sure that it is a Kirtland's Warlber. Give us some area...UP...Lower...thanks. You might not remember me, but I am Nick Kanauz...I always hung out with your dad and uncles during deer season,etc. Great pic by the way...how close were you?
Nick, yeah, I definately remember the name, and if I saw you, I'm sure I'd be like "Oh yeah! *THAT* Nick!" :)
This was in the U.P. -- about 20 maybe 30 minutes from our house. The bird really was checking me out -- hopping from branch-to-branch.
I'm a terrible at judging distances, but I'd guess maybe 10-15 feet -- the picture shows the brightness of the flash, so 10-15 feet is probably right.
Post a Comment