Monday, July 10, 2006

Ok. Here's the story for this shot. After coming back from Copper Harbor (again), I tell Heather that I'd *really* like to go drop the kayaks in at the Hubbel beach and go out to Seagull Island for the cache. The cache out here had just recently been updated -- the container was changed from a micro to a normal sized one, with a fresh log book. Well, it was Noah's bed time, so I ended up going by myself.

So, I got to Hubbel, dropped the kayak in, busted hump heading over -- had fun in the big-waves, got suntan lotion and sweat in my eyes. (What fun, half-blind, and the waves are pretty hefty!)

About 2/3 of the way across, a lone seagull flies out towards me, as soon as he's over me, he starts squaking, and started heading back towards shore. He must have been the look-out guard or something, because as soon as he started squaking, more-n-more gulls started squaking, flying, etc, etc. They definately weren't happy with my approach. Well, I finally hit land, and as I step out, about half the island takes off and starts circling. I thought I was gonna die right then-n-there, but nope, they just made one helluva ruckus, and kept flying around and around and around.

Check 'em out:



It was about the time that I was stepping outta the kayak that I realized that since the cache-owner had changed the container from a micro to a normal sized container (ammo can,) that I was in the middle of a big time waster. "If he changed it to an ammo-can, $10 says it's not in the same location.....and I didn't update the coordinates on the GPS before paddling the half-mile across the water. I feel like an idiot." was all that kept running through my head.

Well, I was right. So, I got the heck off that poop-covered squaking island and went home. :)

0 comments: